Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to Effectively Deal with Negative Thoughts



This coming November 15, 2013 I will be celebrating my first year of being a full-time freelance writer. I have decided to be in this kind of work since it provided me the kind of earning I need. However, just recently, for no clear reasons, I started thinking negatively about my current job. I have been filled with all the uncertainties of this kind of career. With this, I decided to do some research on how I would effectively deal with my negative thoughts. Below are the things I learned and wanted to share with you guys.

Never allow these negative thoughts to stay long

I know for sure that I need to divert my attention away from these negative thoughts. But, it is harder than it looks. I observed that most of the time, these negative thoughts come into my mind during the night when I am about to sleep. So what I usually do is think about nothing until I fall to sleep. It may sound like running away from the problem, but I think it’s the best way to deal with it. I also tried one time watching a movie and it worked quite well. My attention was directed to the movie I was watching and I forgot about my negative thoughts.

 

Surround yourself with Positive People

This sounds like a long-term solution for this problem, yet I decided to include this one on this article. Finding temporary fix with problems on negative thoughts would certainly not help. It is better that you start aiming for solutions with long-term effects. They say that same birds flock together. So if you stay close to positive people, most likely, you would also become a positive person as well. Do not isolate yourself, since most of the time; negative thoughts would fill your mind when you are alone. 

Make Positive Confessions Daily

This is something that I have failed to do daily. It is necessary that people should learn how to do positive confessions daily. This is to remind yourself that you are doing well. I had observed that when I am not quite productive, negative thoughts keep bugging my mind. So it would certainly help if I keep reminding myself of the things that I have done and accomplished for the day. It is also said that could your blessings. So instead of thinking about the problems and possible troubles that you might face in life, it is better to think positive.

No one is perfect

Remind yourself always that no one is perfect. You will encounter mistakes and problems in your life but this does not mean that you are a failure. There is no such thing as a perfect person and a perfect life. Everyone has his own problem. With this, do not think that your life is so miserable. When you fail and everything seems to be not going your way, it is best that you let yourself move forward instead of thinking too much about your incapacity.

You control your life

Lastly, let us all be reminded that we are the author of our life. We live and experience life the ways we wanted it to be. If you let negative thoughts fill your mind and life, it is your decision. You always have a choice to avoid such situation. 

If you are kind enough to leave a comment below, I would love to hear something from you. Do you also experience thinking about negative thoughts? How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment